Overview of the role:
OML is looking for a Head of Production who will be responsible for the implementation of a production pipeline that delivers against the business strategy.
The Head of Production is a large comprehensive production role working to deliver quality programming in accordance with creative goals, budget targets, and delivery schedules.
Critical to the success of the role, the Executive will have a strong understanding of long form content story, including viable third party studios, a network of strong external relationships, and an exceptional business acumen.
In addition to being responsible for robust budgets, the Head of Physical Production is charged with maintaining a positive work culture that fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and pride in best-in-class results.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- You will work closely with creative and production teams regarding assignments and reviewing concepts for production
- Responsible for presenting budgets and production based on scope of show: budget writing, schedules, cost reports, etc.
- Build and maintain strong production relationships with Production Companies, Animation Houses, Casting Directors, Editorial, Music Houses and other meaningful production partners.
- Negotiating and reviewing all contractual and budget details with the producers and production partners
- Awareness of trends in production and the continuous ability to educate and share knowledge of the production process
- Resource planning of personnel, technology, space, etc.
- Monitoring the execution of plans and progress of individual production departments against the plan
- Solution oriented approach to solving internal and external resource management
- Delivering shows on time and on budget
- Handling resource management for evolving schedules / transitions
- Responsible for below-the-line staffing of productions
- Establishing recruiting targets and guides strategy
Who should apply?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10+ of years of experience in an Executive Senior Production or Production Management role within a production house or similar
- Strong relationships with line producers, technical suppliers
- Effective presentation skills
- Superior skills with regards to critical thinking and decisions
- Your ability to be inventive and responsible of budgets and deadlines within the pace and requirements of the work environment
- Experience working at all budget levels
- Effective managerial and interpersonal skills that foster a pleasant and inclusive work experience