OML is a new media and entertainment company that partners with influencers to build content, IPs & live experiences that impact culture and help brands come closer to consumers. Headquartered in Mumbai with teams in Russia, Poland & Thailand, OML was founded in 2001 to book and manage artists across all genres of entertainment. Today our operations span a prolific and award-winning content studio that packages and produces shows for OTT platforms, live events production and a global brand solutions business.
About the Product:
OML has lived in a unique cross-section of brands and influencers, putting us in the distinctive position of appreciating the influencer marketing universe with first-hand experience, thus gathering deep knowledge of this ecosystem. We are putting this tribal knowledge to use by developing a product that not only serves to empower influencers to be the best versions of themselves but also serves as a powerhouse of information, insights & tools for all digital content marketing needs be it designing and executing a campaign, gathering landscape intelligence, finding the right influencers for a brand or even tracking a campaign in real time and sharing results seamlessly. Our unique proprietary content measurement system has already served 500+ creators in 20+ countries – it's time now to roll this out to other artists and clients by way of this tech platform. Join us on this adventurous journey!
About the Role:
As we build out our product offerings for the content creators, talent managers, brands, agencies & publishers, we are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer (SDE) to work within this new vertical at OML.
As an SDE you will be responsible for driving innovation in backend product development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability. You will also be responsible for upholding OML values and building those into the team.
- Be part of a team that will be building SAAS products from scratch.’
- As an engineer you have expertise on building scalable api with microservice architecture.
- Driving, defined software architecture and enterprise capabilities (scalability, fault tolerance, extensibility, maintainability, etc.)
- Understand any cloud services and contribute significantly to build devops culture.
- Understand data lake , data warehouse and BI concepts. Working experience would be an added advantage.
- Design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
- The ideal candidate learns quickly on any technology required to build a data lake or data warehouse.
- Becoming part of a cross-functional self-sustaining team with end to end responsibility
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Applying engineering and analytical skills to solve real business problems.
- Owning end to end responsibility of design/architect/develop/deploy phases
- Take responsibility for the culture, mentorship, development, and career management of your team members with guidance from senior leaders
- Develop and inculcate a culture of maintaining highest levels of development practices including: technical design, solution development, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution, quality assurance, writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code, with repeatable quality and predictability
- Support teams to be highly productive with high degree of ownership
- Establish a high performing, inclusive engineering culture focused on innovation, execution, growth and development
- Technically hands-on with prior experience in scalable architecture.
- 4+ years of software engineering and product delivery experience
- Has knowledge of big data, data warehousing and data lake and has experience in related tools and technologies like Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google Bigquery, etc.
- Exceptional coding skills in at least one of the mainstream languages (Node.JS/Java/Python)
- Strong understanding of systems architecture
- Well-versed with Agile methodologies and expertise in cloud technologies like AWS/Google Cloud
- Experience developing end-to-end products, SaaS product experience is a plus
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills focused on improving collaboration.
Qualifications and Prior Experience:
- BE/ B. Tech. or above in Computer Science /Software Engineering
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- 1+ years of experience as a software engineer in the top product or enterprise SaaS with hands-on experience in relevant technologies. Previous experience in a start-up will be a big plus
Location: Mumbai / Bangalore. WFH till opening
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Reasons you should apply if you fit the bill :
Aside from the fact that you can chance upon your favorite comedians, bump into our furry friends while you grab a cup of coffee and get inside access to some of the coolest festivals in the country;
We ensure all our team members get enough down-time : We have monthly mandatory offs. We don't have a punch-in-punch-out culture.
Get ready to level up everyday : You bring the passion, we deliver the (countless) opportunities.
Everyone in the OML fam is taken care of : We offer free mental health care for all team members, we have gender neutral POSH & Parental policies, our insurance policies extend to your in-laws as well!
We have fun while we're at it : Game nights, FRI-YAYs, KnOML
- We build opportunities for our artists, brands and fans; and it’s important for us to be reliable and efficient
- We demonstrate honesty, excellence and commitment to success
- ‘It’s not my job’ is not part of our vocabulary, we even stuff envelopes
- We make mistakes, but only to learn from them to build resilience
- We take care of ourselves and our colleagues
- We are our own managers
- We are committed to equality and inclusion
- We are mindful of the strain on the Earth's resources and are committed to reversing the trend with our behaviors where possible
Thank you for taking the time to go through the opportunity we have to offer.
If you apply, please do not share your photo, age, gender, religion or ethnicity in your resume. You do not even need to share your last name. (We want to eliminate biases on any of these parameters while we decide on our shortlisted candidates)
We will get in touch with you if your profile gets shortlisted