OML is a new media and entertainment company that partners with influencers to build content, IPs & live experiences that impact culture and help brands come closer to consumers. Headquartered in Mumbai with teams in Russia, Poland & Thailand, OML was founded in 2001 to book and manage artists across all genres of entertainment. Today our operations span a prolific and award-winning content studio that packages and produces shows for OTT platforms, live events production and a global brand solutions business.
About the Product:
OML has lived in a unique cross-section of brands and influencers, putting us in the distinctive position of appreciating the influencer marketing universe with first-hand experience, thus gathering deep knowledge of this ecosystem. We are putting this tribal knowledge to use by developing a product that not only serves to empower influencers to be the best versions of themselves but also serves as a powerhouse of information, insights & tools for all digital content marketing needs be it designing and executing a campaign, gathering landscape intelligence, finding the right influencers for a brand or even tracking a campaign in real time and sharing results seamlessly. Our unique proprietary content measurement system has already served 500+ creators in 20+ countries – it's time now to roll this out to other artists and clients by way of this tech platform. Join us on this adventurous journey!
About the Role:
As we build out our offerings for the content creators, talent managers, brands, agencies & publishers, we are looking for an experienced Principal Product Manager (Business) to build and lead a new vertical at OML along with others.
The Principal Product Manager (Business) will be responsible for building a compelling and scalable Saas product and upholding OML values and building those into the team.
- Leverage deep process/domain expertise and partner with Product Owner and business stakeholders/customers to prioritize needs.
- Coordinate work of several parallel teams to deliver on higher level outcomes. Responsible for transparent delivery and maximizing returns. Focus on execution for the duration of a product release.
- Develop the user experience and design philosophy for the product and manage the UX/ UI for the product
- Manage product milestones and deliver viable products consistently
- Visualize, develop and manage a SaaS product
- Create & own & execute product strategy and roadmap
- Ability to translate the business strategy into product strategy
- Provide insight to stakeholders on the product and market
- Provide product marketing with insights on key differentiators and messages
- Drive action throughout the organization to get products to market
- Derive a sustainable pricing strategy comparable to similar products and services in the market
- Plan and carry out product launches
- Manage product profitability and commercial success – own the business case
- Write detailed BRD defining the product architecture, technical & business requirements, user experience, execution plan, roadmap, stakeholders, etc.
- Manage all aspects of product, including customer feedback, requirements, and issues
- Ability to hire and develop talent
- Enable the organization to prioritize/work with vendors that provide access to products/services adding value to our product & customers
- Effectively guide teams to use metrics to help them improve
- Support teams to be highly productive with high degree of ownership
- Understanding of AI and ML concepts, statistics, and data modeling
- Understanding of systems architecture, system design, client-side and server-side technologies
- Strong experience and understanding of agile methodologies, with proficiency in JIRA, Crashlytics, and Firebase.
- Excellent analytical skills, mathematical skills and the ability to derive actionable insights from large amounts of data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; at ease when dealing with senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Able to understand technical issues and their implications
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for prioritizing & delivering results in an dynamic, ambiguous and demanding environment
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple stakeholders
- Action oriented, able to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment
Qualifications and Prior Experience:
- Preferred MBA or alternatively, BE / B.Tech. or above in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- 10+ years of total work experience, of which 7+ years of proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager or product owner in technology focused business
- Previous relevant technical experience in field of software development (dev-ops, backend OR full-stack) is good to have
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore. WFH till opening
Reports to: VP Product / Dotted Line Reporting to CEO
Reasons you should apply if you fit the bill :
Aside from the fact that you can chance upon your favorite comedians, bump into our furry friends while you grab a cup of coffee and get inside access to some of the coolest festivals in the country;
We ensure all our team members get enough down-time : We have monthly mandatory offs. We don't have a punch-in-punch-out culture.
Get ready to level up everyday : You bring the passion, we deliver the (countless) opportunities.
Everyone in the OML fam is taken care of : We offer free mental health care for all team members, we have gender neutral POSH & Parental policies, our insurance policies extend to your in-laws as well!
We have fun while we're at it : Game nights, FRI-YAYs, KnOML
- We build opportunities for our artists, brands and fans; and it’s important for us to be reliable and efficient
- We demonstrate honesty, excellence and commitment to success
- ‘It’s not my job’ is not part of our vocabulary, we even stuff envelopes
- We make mistakes, but only to learn from them to build resilience
- We take care of ourselves and our colleagues
- We are our own managers
- We are committed to equality and inclusion
- We are mindful of the strain on the Earth's resources and are committed to reversing the trend with our behaviors where possible
Thank you for taking the time to go through the opportunity we have to offer.
If you apply, please do not share your photo, age, gender, religion or ethnicity in your resume. You do not even need to share your last name. (We want to eliminate biases on any of these parameters while we decide on our shortlisted candidates)
We will get in touch with you if your profile gets shortlisted.